Everybody has those moments when they are sitting at work or daydreaming at school, and thinking back to their last vacation. The relaxing days in the sun sitting on the beach seem long-passed when you are sitting in your quiet office listening to the sound of rain hit the windows. When you return from your vacation, you may not be feeling at the top of your game. Unfortunately, that relaxing vacation of yours may have taken a toll on your brain, especially if you took a trip to the tropics.
Your vacation may have greatly affected your mental function ability. The stress of planning your trip might have been difficult, and sometimes can ruin the entire trip if it is not perfect. That’s what vacation planners are here for! You could try giving them the planning job to save yourself some time and avoid stress. It is true, though, that when those lengthy emails start coming in from the hotel or from the vacation planner you may experience “email bombardment”. A study from London describes that as someone waits for an email, their concentration is off track. They are trying to be mentally prepared for the email they are going to receive instead of focusing on other tasks. This email overload can actually reduce your IQ by up to ten points.
Then there was the transportation to your destination. When you were up in the air and on your way to your destination, you felt the dryness in the air. To worsen this problem, you may have said yes to the alcohol when it came around. Depending on what you were drinking, it’s possible that you dropped your IQ ten to twenty points when you consumed your beverage while in flight. Alcohol can cause you to become more dehydrated in the dry air of a plane, so in the future it is best to just stick to water or reduce your alcohol intake.
All those months of exercise for that bikini body really paid off, but the exercise should not stop there. Inactivity while on vacation can reduce the amount of oxygen that enters the brain, causing certain nerve cells to degrade. To prevent this from happening, it is best to stay active on your trip with daily walks or some laps in the pool. Since you may be in a hot place, doing those laps in the pool may be your number one choice since it is refreshing. Some people may also prefer a nice cold beer to keep cool as well, but this may not be the best choice. Those overly cold drinks can reduce your IQ by up to 10 points since your body is rushing the blood from your brain to your stomach to balance the change in temperature.
To avoid this brain melt-down, it is best to just stay active on your trip, keep your brain working by playing intellectual games, and keep hydrated! These vacation after-effects should only last a couple of weeks before you feel back to normal. There are still many benefits of vacations such as helping us reconnect with ourselves, promoting creativity, and lowering stress levels. Be sure to leave a day or two after your vacation before you go back to work so you can feel at home again!
What is Acid Reflux?
What does acid reflux feel like?—Painful. When that burning bile finds its way sneaking up into that delicate lining of your esophagus, relief needs to be easy and immediate. There are two main ways of treating acid reflux: the first approach is to introduce a basic material to an otherwise over-acidic environment, otherwise known as an antacid; the second approach involves reducing the body’s production of stomach acid, usually through the aid of a drug like Zantac (Ranitidine.) The following is some Zantac information intended to expedite that fiery indigestion.
Zantac Drug Interactions
Zantac is part of a family of drugs known as H2 blockers, also known as H2 receptor antagonists, which achieve their effect blocking the action of histamine on the parietal cells in the stomach, thereby decreasing the production of acid in these cells.
Zantac prescription, or over the counter Zantac? If you find yourself wondering if you can purchase Zantac over the counter, or if you will need a prescription, you are not alone. The fact is, these acid-reflux medications come in both OTC and prescription forms depending on the severity the nature of the ailment. Zantac 75, and Zantac 150, for example, are both relatively weak variants of the drug and can be purchased over the counter; these would be used to extinguish a small brush fire in your gut. Zantac 300 contains twice the active ingredient as the 150 option, and is a prescription drug; best reserved for when you feel that raging inferno which threatens to burn a hole right through the lining in your stomach.
Though the same, (chemically) there are two possible routes to purchasing Zantac: Generic Zantac or the brand name Zantac drug. If you experiencing acid reflux in babies, there is also a Zantac syrup for infants which offers the same type of relief, but an in an easy-to-administer liquid dropper format.
Overdosing on Zantac?
It is very difficult to overdose on Zantac, as all it does it signal your stomach to stop producing acid; it is far more likely to simply lead to simply lead to physiological complications if abused—however, as with all medications, you should consult with your doctor before starting treatment.
A healthy heart leads to a longer life. The heart is a vital organ which keeps your body’s blood moving efficiently. The heart has various roles; one of the most important is that it controls the supply of oxygenated blood and eliminates carbon dioxide. When your heart starts to fail, so does your whole body. Therefore it is crucial to have a healthy heart to live a healthy life. Here are seven ways to a healthier heart:
- Be Active – Developing a steady exercise program can benefit your heart and reduce the risk of heart disease. Try your best to exercise three – four times a week for at least half an hour at a time. Besides the exercises you do a few times a week you should also do 30 minutes of cardio six times a week.
- Brush and Floss Everyday – Periodontal disease increases one’s risk of heart disease. For women, having gum disease doubles their chances of having heart disease. The reason? Gingivitis is said to increase the risk of heart disease and stroke because of the high levels of bacteria in the infected mouth. The bacteria can enter the bloodstream through the gums and damage the blood vessels, which can then lead to clotting.
- Reduce Your Salt Intake – Reducing your salt intake can reduce the risk of heart disease by 40%. People should be having among 1500 – 2000mg of salt per day; the average American consumes 3400mg of salt a day. This can really affect a person’s life and cause them to have cardiovascular problems as well as blood pressure problems.
- Drink Wine – Drinking alcohol in moderation is actually good for your health. Having one glass of wine a day (for women it would be about one standard drink whereas for men it would be two) can actually reduce your chance of dying from heart disease by 25%. It can also prevent heart attacks. This is because grapes are rich in quercitin and resveratrol. These two substances are not only good for the heart, but also extend your lifespan.
- Get Enough Sleep – Constantly sleeping poorly and for only a few hours at a time can actually lead to high blood pressure and stroke. Sleep allows the heart to slow down and blood pressure to drop. If a person is not sleeping enough, this cannot happen and increases in blood pressure occur.
- Have More Sex – Having sex twice a week is a fun way to reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering blood pressure and reducing stress.
- Calm Your Mind – The best way to reduce risk of cardiovascular disease is to simply relax. Reduce the stress in your life through yoga, relaxation exercises, or meditation. You can also listen to music to lower the blood pressure in your body.